What are hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are varicose veins of the rectum.
By the age of 50 about half of the population develop piles at a certain point in their lives. In some geographic areas this number is much higher, up to 80%.
Women can develop hemmeroids during pregnancy or after childbirth.
Piles can also be caused by other diseases, such as liver cirrhosis.
Alternate names of hemorrhoids are: Varicose Veins of the Rectum, Lump in the Rectum, Piles, Rectal Lump.
The correct spelling is hemorrhoids or haemorrhoids - although many are misspelling it as: haemorrhoid, hemeroids, hemerroids, hemmeroids, hemmerroids, hemmoroids, hemrroids, hemoroids, hemorrhoides, hemorroids, hemroids.
Type Of Piles
Hemorrhoids that develop inside the rectum are called internal haemorrhoids, while external hemroids develop under the skin around the rectum and are seen as cushions of tissue surrounding the rectal opening.
Hemorrhoids are not a life treatening condition, but if untreated, they can be very painful and make our life miserable.
Piles can become inflamed, they can itch, slight bleeding can occur and cause pain. Unless treated properly a hemorrhoidal condition only tends to get worse over the years, therefore early treatment is advised.
A variety treatment options are available on the market with various degree of success and with some remedies delivering only temporary relief.
Some hemorrhoids treatment options:
- Various creams - help to reduce the pain, swelling and itching.
- Injection of medicine that is irritating to the inside - cause hems to shrink and is used for the smallest of hemorrhoid.
- Super freezing - use of extreme cold - causes the piles to shrivel and die.
- Placing a tight rubber band around the base of each hemoroid causes it to shrivel and die.
- Surgery or laser treatment
- Natural products providing immediate relief and long lasting results.
It is important to choose the most appropriate hemorrhoids treatment option.
A walk is pleasurable the most when you walk so slowly that you seem to have piles of problems, or just piles. - Mokokoma Mokhonoana